Greetings, Intermediate Singers,
Thank you for a very productive rehearsal this week! We have been working hard to sing successfully in 3-part harmony, and it is starting to pay off. In these last two weeks before Winter Break, please maintain this wonderful focus and commitment, so we can get most of our music learned and ready for polishing after we return from our holidays!
Trivia Question: What is the most famous Scottish musical instrument?
Action Items For This Week:
- Listen to to the recording below of the spoken pronunciation of Tres canciones de los elementos, provided by Nen’s Mom, Maria! Repeat the words phrases by phrase and follow along in your score.
- Listen to This Shall Be For Music and follow along in your score. Note the entrances after beat one, and the varied rhythmic values in the final section. Read the words aloud like a poem and think about what they mean to you! It is a by a famous Scottish Author named Robert Louis Stevenson.
- Watch this video of our new song Seize the Day, from Newsies – enjoy the dancing, and getting to know this upbeat and powerful song!
- Continue listening to Seven Wonders, Like a Singing Bird, and Tres canciones de los elementos
- Continue memorizing Wild Mountain Thyme
Musicianship A: Great job in class today! It was especially cool to hear different people improvise their own rhythms, while others were able to identify the counting and rhythmic values. I could also see that many of you did a great job on your melodic dictation in C. This week, please complete pages 10-12 in Book 2. For those of you who do not yet have a book, they are on their way, just please continue working from the photocopies-here is a link to these pages if you did not receive in class! Please print and complete! Those of you who are finished with Book 2 should continue using https://www.musictheory.net/, and your completed books for study and review throughout the semester.
Musicianship B: Nice work in our shortened class – please review Come Follow so we can sing it in 3 part harmony next week! Please also complete pages 10-12 in Book 3. Those of you who are finished with Book 2 should continue using https://www.musictheory.net/, and your completed books for study and review throughout the semester. Study the G Major Scale and be prepared to do some sight-singing and dictation in this key.
Trivia Answer: The Bagpipes!
Have a great weekend, and see you next Thursday!