Dear Ensemble Singers,
This week we started on repertoire for our Spring Concert. Please use the guidelines below for practice and be sure to review specific assignments. I will have a schedule for memory next week!
Here is the schedule for now through the All-Choir Concert. Please use it to prepare for rehearsal! EnsembleSpringConcertRehearsalPlan2016 (1)
Action Items for Next Week:
- Musicianship Tests are next week! Please use the information below to review. The tests will be taken during the regular musicianship time.
- Loch Lomond: Review and begin to memorize
- Like a Singing Bird: Review and begin to memorize
- Quiet Land of Erin: Review your parts from measure 34 to the end
- Eu e Você: Memorize. We will have memory checks!
Rehearsal Review and Practice Notes:
- Like a Singing Bird
- We reviewed and shaped each phrase of the main melody, and reviewed the alto part as well
- Please begin to memorize this
- Here is a recording you can use for your practice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1obYtJz3H0
- Loch Lomond
- We sang through the whole thing and checked rhythms
- Please begin to memorize
- Prepare the solo if are interested in singing it.
- Here is a recording for you to use in your practice: http://www.sbmp.com/SR2.php?CatalogNumber=1218
- Eu e Você
- We spent time getting this ready for memory next week.
- Please be sure you memorize it thoroughly!!
- Here is a recording you can use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF6gfSj5Anc
- Quiet Land of Erin
- We reviewed page 9 to the end. Please look over this on your own
- Here is a recording of the Gaelic.
- Here is a recording you can use for your practice: http://www.sbmp.com/SR2.php?CatalogNumber=553
General Musicianship Notes:
Please continue to work on completing your book. All corrections are due by 4/27!
Musictheory.net is an excellent place to look for more review for your exam. You can look for specific topics (key signatures, scales, chords, inversions) under “lessons” or “practice.”
We reviewed what you need to know for your test on 4/20:
- All Major and Minor key signatures (identify and write)
- Short rhythmic dictation in 6/8
Here is a blank copy of the review sheet:Musicianship A Key Sig Review (6 April 2016)
Here is a recording of the dictation for your practice. Remember, it is six measures of 6/8:
Here is a copy with all of the answers: Musicianship A Test Review Key
For your test, you will need to be able to:
- Write all Major and Minor scales (all three types of minor scales)
- Write and identify all Major and minor scales, plus whole tone scale
- Write and identify major and minor triads in root, first and second inversion
Here is a blank copy of the review sheet we did in class: Musicianship B Test Review Sheet
Here is an answer key:Musicianship B Test Review Key
See you all on Wednesday!