Greetings Prep 3 Families,
Many thanks from Laney and myself for another great week of rehearsing in Prep 3 Chorus. After 2 weeks of rehearsal, you have already made great strides, and it has been so fun building our friendships and community through name games and dancing.
Trivia Question: What is the most popular dessert in French history, and who invented it?
- The first 15 minutes of rehearsal is devoted to musicianship, and reviewing the theory pages you worked on during the week, so arriving 5 min early is always a good idea!
- If you don’t have time to complete the assignment, do not worry – there is always time to catch up!
- Please always bring your theory pages, your music binder, and a water bottle
This week,watch and listen to:
- J’aime la Galette (South Bay Children’s Chorus)
- One Little Candle
- Hine ma tov (Fortworth Children’s Chorus
Please work on the following:
- Singing the D major scale in solfege, and also singing through solfege page for “One Little Candle” given to you in rehearsal this week
- Also work on the D major scale for the song “Seasons,” and please review this song during the week, and also practice clapping and counting the rhythm of the words.
- Please look at the attached sheet, which provides the pronunciation for the French words in “J’aime la Galette.”
All the songs are off to a wonderful start – you will notice that we often extract little sections of songs before piecing the entire song together – always focus on the sections we worked on throughout the week (for instance, this week we worked a lot on the “tra-la-la’s” in “J’aime la galette,”) but also do your best to read through the entire song to gain an idea of its structure and layout. Whenever we add motions in rehearsal (skipping, stepping, clapping, snapping) always incorporate these in your work at home – moving as we sing is the best way to build our musicality and vocal freedom!
Trivia Answer: Crepes Suzette, a crepe covered in orange flambe sauce, invented by Henri Charpentier for the Prince of Wales in 1895!
Have a great weekend, and we look forward to seeing you next week!
Katie and Laney