Greetings Prep 3 Families,
Thank you again for a great week of rehearsing!
Trivia Question: Our fun new eerie song, “Spirits,” is based upon text from the play “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.” Who wrote this play?
- The first 15 minutes of rehearsal are devoted to musicianship, and reviewing the theory pages you worked on during the week, so arriving 5 min early is always a good idea!
- If you don’t have time to complete the assignment, do not worry – there is always time to catch up!
- Please always bring your theory pages, your music binder, and a water bottle
This week, watch and listen to:
- Circle ‘Round the Moon (Conspirare Youth Chorus)
- Mi burrito sabanero
- Give Us Hope
- Please continue working on the following:
- If you have not done so, please memorize “Seasons!” Also start memorizing “J’aime la Galette.”
- Singing the D major scalein solfege for both “Seasons” and “One Little Candle” Please also study the sections in One Little Candle, which split into 2-part harmony (mm. 19-26) and (mm. 35-end)
- Continue to study the Mi burrito sabanero proununciation and also read about its interesting history – but please remember that all “v’s” should be pronounced with a soft “b.”
Rehearsal Overview: We have two important songs to start next week: “Circle ‘Round the Moon,”and “Give Us Hope.” These are songs we will likely be singing with the Upper Choirs in the Holidays With Cantabile Concert. Prepare well by listening to the recordings several times before rehearsal next week.
Trivia Answer: William Shakespeare!
Have a great weekend, and we look forward to seeing you next week!
Katie and Laney