ALL SINGERS – VERY IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ:
Recitals are coming!
- Monday’s recital is scheduled for Monday, May 15th at 4:00 pm the Parish Hall. (Please note that this is a week after our last class, and that we DO NOT meet on Monday, May 8th).
- Tuesday’s recital is scheduled for Thursday, May 11th at 5:45 pm the Parish Hall.
- We will be hosting a potluck following the Recital, and we will send out sign-up sheets next week.
- Singers will need to be in full concert dress for their recital. (You can read more about full concert dress here.)
Mandatory Dress Rehearsal
- All Prep 3 singers will have a mandatory Dress Rehearsal on Thursday, May 4th at 4:30 pm at First United Methodist Church of Palo Alto (625 Hamilton Ave., Palo Alto).
- Release times are listed in this week’s Scoop.
- Again, please make sure all singers are in full concert dress at the Dress Rehearsal.
All Choir Concert, We Are A Circle
- The All Choir Concert, We Are A Circle will take place on Saturday, May 6th at 1:00 pm at First United Methodist Church of Palo Alto (625 Hamilton Ave., Palo Alto).
- Singers are called at 11:30 am that morning in full concert dress.
- Make sure you buy your tickets!
In your practice this week, use these super useful tracks to help you learn your part:
- Thula Klizeo – Part 1
- Thula Klizeo – Part 2
- Fly Away Horse – Part 1
- Fly Away Horse – Part 2
- I Am – Part 1
- I Am – Part 2
- Can You Hear Me – Part 1 (Monday Prep 3 only)
- Can You Hear Me – Part 2 (Tuesday Prep 3 only)
Prep 3 Monday – Jazmine
We had a small but mighty group this week! (Thank you to those of you who came to rehearsal, despite being on Spring Break!)
We ran through each of the pieces that we’re getting ready to perform and reviewed much of what we covered last week. Because of that, I’m going to repeat much of last week’s blog for your review. We spent a lot of time this week working on vowels and making them tall, rich, and pure. And not only in warmups, but also applying those concepts to our repertoire. We worked on “There Has To Be A Song“, making tall “ah” vowels on words like “song”, and pure “oo” vowels on words like “too”. In addition, we reviewed the bridge to “Plant A Forrest” and again paid special attention to “ee” as in “tree” and “eh” as in “forest”. As you practice all of your pieces this week, use your hands to help you remember your vowel placement and sound.
Next we learned the sign language for “Can You Hear Me“, and reviewed the notes for Part 1 of the chorus only. Please spend some time reviewing both the music and the motions this week! We then worked on the ending for “Fly Away Horse“. As a reminder, we will be singing this at our recital in May, so I strongly encourage you to listen to the part recordings this week to help solidify your part in your ears. This is going to be a wonderful song and is coming together quite nicely!
Finally, we ended with reviewing and working on “The Secret“. I’m really excited about everything starting to come together, and I’m looking forward to our final few weeks of rehearsal together! Thank you!
Prep 3 Tuesday – Amy
Hello Prep 3 Singers and Families. We had a fun and very productive rehearsal this week! We started our time together reviewing the canon “This Pretty Planet.” Singers got in to small groups to create movements/actions for the song. We will continue to work on this as we prepare for our class recital. It’s a lovely canon and the singers and doing it beautifully!
We then jumped in to our concert repertoire. We finished learning our Prep 3 solo piece, “The Secret” and reviewed several other pieces. Please help your singer work on memorization by having them sing or just recite the words for you. All singers and sheet music and/or lyric sheets to use at home. “I Am” should be memorized by now. Next, we’ll aim to memorize “We Can Plant a Forest,” “The Secret” and “We are a Circle.” Thank you in advance for your help with this and the extra time and work put in outside of rehearsals!