Dear Bravi Singers,
Thank you so much for your great work on Monday. It was really fun to step into your rehearsal and work with you for a little while. You are an energetic and spirited bunch, for sure. And you are making some really lovely music.
Here is a review of some of the things we worked on this week. Please continue to review these concepts in your own practice so you don’t lose the good work we did on Monday!
October 26 Rehearsal Review and Practice Guide:
Go Tell It on the Mountain
- We spent quite a bit of time on this piece–it payed off too!
- Specifically, we worked on rhythmic precision when you sing “Go Tell it”
- We also worked on energetic entrances
- And understanding what roll you play in this jazzy piece (Basses=double bass, Tenors and Baritones=horn section)
For Next Week:
- Get this memorized! (some of you are already there–bravo!)
- Review and practice all of the things we touched on for accuracy, especially the rhythms
- Review dynamics
- Listen to these two very different versions of this song. What can you learn from them?
- You sang your lovely phrases for me. Thank you!
- We worked on word stress and creating more musical phrases
- Get it memorized!
- Sing with text stress when you memorize. Always be thinking about the phrase.
‘Twas the Night Before Christmas
- We reviewed some tricky entrances.
- Please continue to review these places on your own.
Give Us Hope
- We read through this on our own and with everyone
- Memorize (are you sensing a theme?) by 11/9
With everyone, we also covered I Wish You Christmas. Please MEMORIZE this for next week.
Have a great week!