Dear Ensemble Singers and Families,
We had a fabulous rehearsal this week! Your hard work has paid off so nicely, and it was evident in the focused, beautiful, and musical way that you sang. I am so looking forward to the concert on December 6th.
Some reminders from this week:
- Invite people to the concert! This week, I handed out postcards you can use to invite friends, family, coaches, teachers, instructors, neighbors, and whomever else you can think of. We need your help filling that theater so everyone can see your amazing singing. To buy tickets, you can follow this link.
- There is no rehearsal next week due to the Thanksgiving Holiday: This means you MUST practice you music on your own before I see you again at the dress rehearsal on Tuesday, December 1st [details below].
- Remember: Practice makes Permanent! This means, as you practice on your own please think about how these pieces will be performed. That includes:
- Accurate notes, rhythms, words, dynamics, and articulation
- Singing all the way through pieces without stopping
- Standing in our new, three-row formation
- Standing and singing as if we are in front of an audience with:
- Expressive faces and bodies
- Excellent posture
- Hands at our sides (not in pockets or clasped in front)
Read on for how you can prepare keep preparing for the concert!
- All details about the dress rehearsal are at the bottom of this email!
THIS WEEK’S BLOG IS DIFFERENT!!
Instead of a rundown of what we did on Wednesday, this is a practice guide. It represents everything you need to know for the concert. Use it to be sure you are super prepared for the Dress Rehearsal!
All pieces below will be sung at
Holidays with Cantabile Concert, December 6, 2015
[They will also be sung in this order–with pieces you don’t sing in between]
|Piece||Who is singing at concert?||Practice Notes|
|Give Us Hope||All Choirs||Review to reinforce memory. Be sure you know the differences between the different verses and choruses|
|Durme Durme||Ensemble and Intermediate||Review Coda and Descant. Keep reinforcing memory. You must help to lead Intermediate|
|I Will Sing With the Spirit||Ensemble only||Review to reinforce memory|
|Sound the Trumpet||Ensemble only||Review to reinforce memory|
|Hanget Soi||Ensemble only||Keep working on those words. If you owe me a recording, I look forward to seeing it in my inbox!|
|My Lord, What A Morning||Ensemble only||Review to reinforce memory|
|You Got Ta Move!||Ensemble and Vocalise||Review using practice tracks and recording. Work on accuracy and articulation|
|I Wish You Christmas||Ensemble and Vocalise||Review to reinforce memory|
|It’s the Most Wonderful Time||All Choirs||Review to reinforce memory|
General Musicianship Notes:
Some of you went home with make up work from your test. This is due on December 2nd. If you have any questions about it or the test in general, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you all Tuesday, December 1st at the Dress Rehearsal!
Dress Rehearsal Details:
Date: Tuesday, December 1st
Place: California Theater, [Street Address: 345 S 1st St, San Jose, CA 95113]
Drop off at Musician’s Entrance on Market Street–Curbside Drop Off Oly
Pick up at Back Lobby (Market Street Entrance)
Call Time: 4:45pm
Release Time: 8:00pm
Dress: FULL UNIFORM
Per the Family Manual, this is:
- Black velvet palazzo pants, hemmed to 1.5 inches from the floor in the shoes that
- the singer will be wearing for the performance.
- Black dress tunic
- Black Character Shoes
- Black long-sleeved dress shirt
- Black twill pants, properly hemmed
- A blue four-in-hand tie
- Black socks and plain black dress shoes
Further Uniform Instructions:
- Your uniform should be clean, wrinkle-free, stain-free, and fit properly.
- Socks and ties are part of your uniform – don’t forget them!
- Socks and tights should be opaque rather than sheer.
- Boys shoes should be matte black (not shiny) with no metal buckles or other decorations.
- Only jewelry issued by Cantabile may be worn for performances. This includes bracelets and watches. Visible body piercings, including earrings, must be removed when the singer is representing Cantabile.
- Hair should be neatly combed. Long hair needs to be securely pulled back from the singer’s face, in a ponytail, bun or braid. All hair accessories should blend into the singer’s hair color.