Once again, my congratulations on your outstanding work last Monday at the recording session. Thank you!
Now, onward to our next big event: featured performance at CASMEC (California State Music Educators Conference) in San Jose on Feb. 16th, 2018
Below is the repertoire for this important concert; pieces that are NEW to you are in bold.
We will be working very hard on them as we only have a few rehearsals to learn, memorize and choreograph them.
Please, note that I will be auditioning for solos:
Bedu Pako (1 singer and 6 dancers)
Light on a Clear Blue Morning — solo singer.
Action Items For Monday, Jan. 22nd
- Listen to recordings of Light on a Clear Blue Morning, Bedu and Spring Waters. Links attached below.
- Listen to my part recordings of Spring Waters below and practice the entire song
- Watch and listen to the performance example of Bedu Pako (attached below)
- If interested in dancing, watch the video of the solo dancers and learn the part
- Practice Bedu Pako with the following part recordings:
Vivos Voco _____________________________ Joan Szymko (b. 1957)
Cantique de Jean Racine ______________ Gabriele Faure (1845-1924)
Angel __________________________________ Sergei Rachmaninoff
Spring Waters (1873-1943)
Light on the Clear Blue Morning ______ Craig Hella Johnson (b. 1962)
Bedu Pako Baramasa ______________ trad. Gharwali, arr. Meghan Quinlan (b. 1981) min
And here is a great recording of “Freedom Train” — a gospel song that we will be starting soon.