Greetings, Prep 3 Singers,
Thank you for a great week of rehearsing – it was lovely to have almost 100% attendance in spite of our different location. PLEASE NOTE: We are back at our usual location of FCC in Los Altos for the Monday and Tuesday rehearsals. This is in addition to our dress rehearsal on Thursday! The kids are sounding great and all their hard work and dedication is truly paying off in the quality of their singing – it has been a joy to make music with them this year.
**REMINDERS ABOUT THE ALL CHOIR SPRING CONCERT, DRESS REHEARSAL AND RECITALS**
We have our MANDATORY DRESS REHEARSAL for the All-Choir Spring Concert on Thursday, May 12!
Location: First United Methodist Church, Palo Alto, 625 Hamilton Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301
Call time for Prep 3: 4:15pm (release time is 6:30)
Uniform: Singers must arrive wearing full concert uniform (red polos with black pants or black skirt with black tights). Shoes must be black, nice, but comfortable for standing. Please remember to have neat hair, out of the face! For singers who are new this semester, your uniform should be purchased here as soon as possible! Please contact Amelia Turvey at email@example.com if you have any issues with purchasing a uniform.
Food: Eat something nutritious & energizing before you arrive! This is very important!
Please note: It is our recommendation that each child should bring a book or a quiet activity to the concert, as they will be waiting in their green room during much of Act 2!
Prep 3 will also perform in recitals (also in full Cantabile uniform) the following week:
Laney’s Prep 3: Monday May 16th 5:00pm – please sign up for the potluck here .
Katie’s Prep 3: Tuesday May 17th 5:30pm – please sign up for the potluck here.
- Please bring your binders to rehearsal next week for end of year collection!
- Listen to and review Give Us Hopeand Come and Sing, two of our massed songs in the concert!
- Refine the choreography for Seize the Day
- Review Sarasponda, particularly the challenging 2-part harmony sections we found challenging in rehearsal last week
- Review Kokoleoko– review the dynamics we chose and practice singing the song with these contrasts between loud and soft. Review the movements, and the lyrics! (remember, it is “Kokoleoko sister” first, then “Kokoleoko brother” next.
- Review Hi! Ho! The Ratlin’ Bog
- Review A Great Big Sea
- Review and memorize The Swing, including the dynamics!
- Review all the fun dances we are doing: Los Machetes, Pata Pata, and the Irish Jig.
- Also review all our canons: Two New Blue Balloons, Laughing, Singing, Sweetly Sings the Donkey, and Sing and Rejoice
See you next week, at our usual rehearsals and our dress rehearsal!
Katie and Laney