Greetings, Prep 3 Families!
Thank you for another great week of rehearsing! Laney and I are so proud of your hard work and enthusiasm, and we are well on our way to learning our Spring Concert music!
We have been busy singing a number of canons, and learning new dances and games, all which highlight the different cultures from which our songs come this semester. Some of these are:
- The South African dance, Pata Pata, based upon the famous song by Miriam Makeba.
- The traditional Irish Jig, set to the tune of The Irish Washerwoman
- El Capitan, a fun song and game set to Spanish text.
This weekend, please sit down with your music, and listen to the following songs:
Kokoleoko and Sarasponda are in 2-part harmony – listen for when the parts split and to what your vocal line is doing! Sing along, and clap the rhythm of your part.
- Your musicianship books are due to turn in this coming week! Please be sure to bring your books to class, with pages 1-6 COMPLETED! You will then have a week off from musicianship homework.
- You can also have fun watching, dancing, and singing the lovely Guatemalan folksong, Un Lorito de Verapaz.
- Please also listen to the spoken pronunciation of Un Lorito de Verapaz, which is attached.
- Please always remember to bring your music binders to class each week!
We look forward to seeing you next week!
Katie and Laney