Dear Prep 3 Singers & Families,
Can you believe that this week was our 5th class? The singers have already learned so much 🙂
– Please be sure to order your child’s Cantabile uniform. Ordering information can be found in the most recent SCOOP newsletter. Your child will need this for our two performances in December.
– If you know ahead of time that your child will be absent, please email Amy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What We’re Learning:
– Prep 3 singers have been working on the following musical concepts:
- Solfege Fluency – Singers have been working on fluency with the solfa syllables of the major scale and Curwen hand signs. Ask your singer to sing a scale for you!
- Sight-Singing/Musicianship – We have been working to recognize solfege on the treble clef staff. We’ve started in the key of C major and will be moving in to F major and G major next.
Each singer has their own Prep 3 binder which includes all of our performance repertoire for the semester. We’ve been working very hard on our music! Please use the following recordings as tools for memorization – and note that we may be performing the selections in a slightly different way than the provided recordings (i.e. we may be learning it at a slower tempo, we may be singing certain sections in unison, etc.). If you have any questions, please let me know.