Greetings, Prep 3 Families,
Thank you for another great week of rehearsing in Prep 3 Chorus! The children are starting to develop a beautiful sound and we have really begun to dig into some exciting repertoire for our Winter Recital on Tuesday December 13th! Thank you sharing this important post with your child this weekend, as it contains many recordings of the songs they are learning, and it will help them be much more prepared for our rehearsals.
- We started with some fun rhythmic activities, first sight-reading, then playing and chanting the names of various Halloween Candies – first as soloists, then simultaneously, thus creating polyrhythms.
- The children had some spooky fun with our Halloween Vocal Explorations activity
- We did two new fun and effective warm-ups:
- “I Love to Sing” with body percussion (changing the word “sing” to other favorite hobbies)
- Mama Made Me Mash My M and M’s with the Hambone Pattern – the singers came up with new candy flavors each time.
- We discussed and sang the f natural minor scale, before learning a new spooky canon, The Ghost of Tom.
- The singers then derived the rhythm and solfege for a tricky section from the French Christmas carol, Pat-a-Pan.
- We played the fun call and response game, Telephone Song
- The singers started a new song, also based upon Call and Response form, African Noel!
- Monday Prep 3 rehearsed Hine ma tov and Candles, Candles
- Tuesday Prep 3 rehearsed Lights of Hanukkah and Zumba
- Both classes learned a fun partner dance from Israel, called Yesh!
Action Items – All songs should be learned and memorized before Thanksgiving!
- Monday Prep 3 should listen to:
- Tuesday Prep 3 should listen to:
Lights of Hanukkah
Candle of Hope, while following along in their score:
- In light of the lateness of this blog, there is no homework, but there will be for next week!
Have a lovely Sunday! See you soon!