Greetings, Prep 3 Families,
Thank you for another great week of rehearsing in Prep 3 Chorus! The children are starting to develop a beautiful sound and we have really begun to dig into some exciting repertoire for our Winter Recital! Thank you sharing this important post with your child this weekend, as it contains many recordings of the songs they are learning, and it will help them be much more prepared for our rehearsals.
- We started with a fun rhythmic activity, playing and chanting the names of our favorite pie, first as soloists, then simultaneously, thus creating polyrhythms
- The children welcomed one another with the French partner dance and song, Bonjour mes amis.
- The children had some spooky fun with our Halloween Vocal Explorations activity
- We did our favorite body percussion activity, Gimme 1,2,3 – the children are becoming so good at this that some singers are able to come up and lead it!
- We did two favorite and effective warm-ups:
- My Dog Has Fleas
- We discussed and sang the F major scale, before sight-singing a beautiful canon, O, How Lovely. The children took turns singing the “bell ostinato” while the other section sang the melody, thus creating beautiful 2-part harmony
- We refined some tricky sections in Scat Cat – particularly the “meows,” which are not the same each time!
- We discussed and sang a minor scale, in preparation for our next piece of repertoire. The children discovered that harmonic minor contains a raised 7th, or “si” (instead of sol).
- Monday Prep 3 rehearsed Minka and Candles, Candles
- Tuesday Prep 3 rehearsed Lights of Hanukkah and Zumba
- Both classes learned a fun partner dance from Israel, called Yesh!
- Monday Prep 3 should listen to:
- Tuesday Prep 3 should listen to:
Lights of Hanukkah
Candle of Hope, while following along in their score:
- There is no homework this week!
Have a lovely weekend! See you next week!