Greetings, Prep 3 Families,
Laney and I are so proud of the progress the children have made this semester. They are in good shape for our upcoming concert and recital – please continue reviewing and practicing at home, and also remember that next week, the musicianship books will be turned in for the last time – please complete pages 19-20 this week, along with any additional incomplete work.
*Important Information About Next Week’s Rehearsal Location*
Next week’s rehearsals will NOT be at FCC. All Prep classes will take place down the road at Los Altos United Methodist Church, 655 Magdalena Ave. Room assignments are as follows:
Monday May 2nd Prep 3 at 4: Room 9
Tuesday May 3rd Prep 3 at 5:15: Room 8
*Concerts, Recitals, and Potlucks, OH MY!*
We are preparing for two wonderful performances – Prep 3 will be featured in Cantabile’s All-Choir Spring Concert on Saturday May 14th at 1pm (call time 11:30), with our dress rehearsal taking place on Thursday May 12th at First United Methodist Church, Palo Alto, 4:15-6:30 PM.
Prep 3 will also perform in recitals the following week:
Laney’s Prep 3: Monday May 16th 5:00 pm – please sign up for the potluck here .
Katie’s Prep 3: Tuesday May 17th 5:30pm – please sign up for the potluck here.
New Cantabile singers will need uniforms for our spring recitals and concert – please order as soon as possible at Merry Mart Uniforms, as they tend to sell out of the Prep skirts fairly quickly. Singers will need to be in full Cantabile uniform at the May Spring Concert and Prep 3 Recitals. Please note that Prep 3 singers need to be wearing the red polo shirts with the Cantabile logo, and uniform black pants for boys, and skirts for girls.
- Listen to Give Us Hope and Come and Sing, two of our massed songs in the concert!
- Continue to memorize Seize the Day , including the choreography!
- Review Sarasponda, particularly the 2-part harmony sections we found challenging this week.
- Review Kokoleoko– write in the dynamics we chose and practice singing the song with these contrasts between loud and soft. Review the movements, and the lyrics! (remember, it is “Kokoleoko sister” first, then “Kokoleoko brother” next.
- Review Hi! Ho! The Ratlin’ Bog– this should be memorized by now
- Review A Great Big Sea – this should be memorized by now
- Review and memorize The Swing, including the dynamics!
- Review all the fun dances we are doing: Los Machetes, Pata Pata, and the Irish Jig.
- Also review all our canons: Two New Blue Balloons, Laughing, Singing, Sweetly Sings the Donkey, and Sing and Rejoice
Have a great weekend! See you next week at Los Altos Methodist Church!
Katie and Laney