Dear Prep 2 Singers & Families,
Can you believe that this week was our 5th class? The singers have already learned so much 🙂
– Please be sure to order your child’s Cantabile uniform. Ordering information can be found in the most recent SCOOP newsletter
– If you know ahead of time that your child will be absent, please email Amy (email@example.com).
What We’re Learning:
– Prep 2 singers have been working on the following musical concepts:
- Rhythmic: steady beat, quarter note (ta), eighth notes (ti-ti), and quarter rest. Singers are reading and writing these rhythm elements.
- Melodic: solfa syllables sol, la, mi, and do. Singers are putting these notes on a 5-line staff.
- We’ve now learned the entire piece “Manx Lullaby.” Singers have all received a lyric sheet for this song for practice at home and to aid in memorization.
- We’ve almost finished learning “Happy Holidays.” Please use this recording to help with memorization (Note that this recording is in two parts – and Prep 2 is only singing the melody of this piece).
- We began a new song called “Autumn Leaves”