Dear Prep 2 Families,
This week, we saw the score for Piglet’s Christmas for the first time, learned some new verses to the song, and learned a new rhythm. Click here for a video of the song to watch and listen to with your child.
- After warming up, we sang Today’s the Time for Singing, and reviewed the descant part. We will be putting them together eventually.
- We reviewed all the one-beat rhythms we knew with the song/game Bow Wow Wow.
- We sang and danced Dance Josey, and listened for a new rhythm, Tiri Tiri (4 16th notes together). The children had no trouble finding it.
- We played John Kanaka and found the new rhythm within that song.
- The children read the notes for the lovely Native American lullaby Owlet, for which they had derived the melody last week. Then we played Ring Around the Rosy, which has the same notes—Do, mi, sol, and la.
- We sang S’vivon and Shenandoah, and then I taught the children the fun french round Chocolat Chaud.
- Since I am a fan of French, we finished our class with the wonderful French game Jean Petit Qui Danse.
Thank you, and I’ll see you next week!