ALL SINGERS – VERY IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ:
Recitals are coming!
- Tuesday’s recital is scheduled for Tuesday, May 9th at 4:15 pm the Parish Hall.
- Thursday’s recital is scheduled for Thursday, May 11th at 5:00pm the Parish Hall.
- We will be hosting a potluck following the Recital, and we will send out sign-up sheets next week.
- Singers will need to be in full concert dress for their recital. (You can read more about full concert dress here.)
Mandatory Dress Rehearsal
- All Prep 2 singers will have a mandatory Dress Rehearsal on Thursday, May 4th at 4:30 pm at First United Methodist Church of Palo Alto (625 Hamilton Ave., Palo Alto).
- Release times are listed in this week’s Scoop.
- Again, please make sure all singers are in full concert dress at the Dress Rehearsal.
All Choir Concert, We Are A Circle
- The All Choir Concert, We Are A Circle will take place on Saturday, May 6th at 1:00 pm at First United Methodist Church of Palo Alto (625 Hamilton Ave., Palo Alto).
- Singers are called at 11:30 am that morning in full concert dress.
- Make sure you buy your tickets!
Prep 2 Tuesday – Amy
Prep 2 Thursday – Emily
We missed all of you who were gone for Spring Break this week! Those of us who were in class got a lot of work done!
We started our class with a more tradition rehearsal as we are learning our concert songs. We warmed up, and then went through We Can Plant a Forest. Our class is singing Part 2. We worked on learning We are a Circle. This song is very repetitive. I think the kids all have the melody now. Please help them memorize the words. They should have a lyric sheet in their folder. Finally, we sang through the beginning of I am. Please continue to have your children listen to all of these songs so that they are ready for the concert. They are also learning There Has to be a Song. The above song names are links, so please use them to help your children.
Once we had finished with our rehearsal time, the children read a mystery song on the board. It was The Swallow, so we played the game and worked on learning the French words.
We then invited the parents to join us for a round of Cedar Swamp. The children then put some rhythm cards in order and we read the rhythm with both words and rhythm names.
I showed the children the rhythm cards for the next song, J’entends le Moulin, and they identified it. We sang it through, and then used our final 2 minutes to sing through Chocolat Chaud.
Thank you! I’ll see you next week back at our regular location.