Dear Prep 1 Families,
I enjoyed seeing a few Halloween costumes this week! I always enjoy seeing how the kids like to express themselves.
- We started this week’s class with some fun movements suggested by the children during the song All Around the Kitchen.
- We worked on beat and rhythm in the chant 2, 4, 6, 8, all the while saying it with some very silly voices. Using silly voices allows the children to explore the possibilities of what their voices can do.
- The children sang their names to me during Hickety Tickety Bumble Bee, and then your children read the music for Burnee Bee from the staff. We got to play the Burnee bee game.
- We listened and moved to Rimsky-Korsakov’s Flight of the Bumble Bee.
- We learned the new game Mouse, Mousie, which is like Duck, Duck Goose, and will help us learn the note Doh.
- We started learning the hand clapping game and song Pease Porridge Hot, which is quite challenging for the now. You will be amazed at how well they do it by the end of the year!
- We played Here Comes the Bluebird, and then we kept the beat and listened for a beat with now sound, otherwise known as a rest. The children did very well at identifying the rests!
- We sang This is My Trunk, as well as Percy the Pale Faced Polar Bear, and then it was time to go, and all too soon!
Thank you, and I’ll see you all next week!