Dear Prep 1 Families,
I can tell that this is a bright group in prep 1 this year because they can get through a lot of activities in one class. It is very impressive!
- We started our class with a sweet little Shaker welcome song called A Mince Pie or Pudding.
- We practiced Beat and learned about Rhythm with the rhyme 1,2,3,4, Mary at the Kitchen Door. The children offered different ways to show the beat and rhythm, and they learned that the beat shows how fast a song goes, while the rhythm is how the music and words go.
- We practiced beat and rhythm together with the song Hunt the Slipper. The children offered ways to show the beat and rhythm.
- We played Lemonade, and noticed that the song has 2 pitches, one higher and one lower. We learned that they are called Sol and Mi, and they learned the hand signs.
- We sang the song Good Night, which also contains Sol and Mi to reinforce our knowledge of those two pitches.
- After so much brain work, we needed to shake it out, so we sang My Poor Hand is Shaking, and did the motions to The Grand Old Duke of York.
- We sang Percy the Pale Faced Polar Bear, and I taught them the song A Little Seed,
- We played a prep 1 favorite game, Doggie Doggie Where’s Your Bone, which begins with a Sol-Mi melody. Thanks to Christina for suggesting it!
Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you next week!