Greetings, Intermediate Singers!
Thank you for a great rehearsal this evening – it was great to see the majority of you in attendance at a different location, and I was so appreciative of your focused, hard work. Repetition and and refinement are very important in the final days before our concert, so please remember to practice and review all your songs at home this week!
**REMINDERS ABOUT THE ALL CHOIR SPRING CONCERT AND DRESS REHEARSAL**
We have our MANDATORY DRESS REHEARSAL for the All-Choir Spring Concert on Thursday, May 12!
Location: First United Methodist Church, Palo Alto, 625 Hamilton Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301
Call time for Intermediate: 4:30pm (release time is 7:00)
Uniform: Singers must arrive wearing full concert uniform (red polos with black pants or black skirt with black tights). Shoes must be black, nice, but comfortable for standing. Please remember to have neat hair, out of the face! For singers who are new this semester, your uniform should be purchased here as soon as possible! Please contact Amelia Turvey at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues with purchasing a uniform.
Food: Eat something nutritious & energizing before you arrive! This is very important!
Binders: All Intermediate singers must bring their binders to dress rehearsal to be turned in for the year. Please have them ready upon arrival.
All Choir Concert – CONCERT
Saturday, May 14 at First United Methodist Church, Palo Alto
Concert at 1 PM
Singer Call Time: 11:30 AM (arrive wearing full concert uniform)
Action Items for Next Week
Continue to practice, listen to and review all your concert songs – take special care to practice your part when it splits into 2 and 3-part harmony! Remember, all the songs need to be reviewed very thoroughly and regularly this week before you come to dress rehearsal!
- Seven Wonders – review all the lyrics and remember too add laughter, bells and Irish whimsy to your singing!
- Wild Mountain Thyme – review the form: Verse/Unison Chorus/Verse/2-part Chorus/Verse/3-part Chorus
- Like a Singing Bird – review your part, remembering that everyone sings Part 3 in the last section
- Un Lorito de Verapaz – review the Spanish, and the dynamics!
- Seize the Day – review the movements – you are the stars of the show!
- Ratlin’ Bog – please review all harmonies and remember the joviality of this song – it is fun!!!
- El Pambiche Lento – review your part and dance while you sing!
- Give Us Hope – sing, and study the tempo changes and dynamic contrast in your score.
- Come and Sing – sing, and study the tempo changes and dynamic contrast in your score.
See you next Thursday in Palo Alto!