Dear Ensemble Singers and Families,
Thank you for your attendance and work both at the Workshop on Saturday and in rehearsal on Wednesday. We are getting closer and closer to the concert, and our efforts in memorization, focus, and performance will only grow from here on out! I appreciate your dedication and efforts as we work to make this concert a smashing success!
Some reminders from this week:
- Invite people to the concert! This week, I handed out postcards you can use to invite friends, family, coaches, teachers, instructors, neighbors, and whomever else you can think of. We need your help filling that theater so everyone can see your amazing singing. To buy tickets, you can follow this link.
- Musicianship Makeup Test: I will be sending out an email with information about making up the musicianship test soon. If this applies to you, please be on the lookout!
- From now on, we will rehearse as if it is the concert! This means:
- Singing all the way through pieces without stopping
- Standing in our new, three-row formation
- Standing and singing as if we are in front of an audience with:
- Expressive faces and bodies
- Excellent posture
- Hands at our sides (not in pockets or clasped in front)
Read on for how you can prepare for next week!
THIS WEEK’S BLOG IS DIFFERENT!!
Instead of a rundown of what we did on Wednesday, this is a practice guide. Next week, we will sing through everything in this chart. Please be sure to have it ALL MEMORIZED when you walk in the door on Wednesday. Use the notes in the chart for more targeted practice.
All pieces below will be sung at
Holidays with Cantabile Concert, December 6, 2015
[They will also be sung in this order–with pieces you don’t sing in between]
|Piece||Who is singing at concert?||Practice Notes|
|Give Us Hope||All Choirs||Finish Memorizing|
|Durme Durme||Ensemble and Intermediate||Everyone review the Coda Sopranos, look at descant|
|I Will Sing With the Spirit||Ensemble only||Review to reinforce memory|
|Sound the Trumpet||Ensemble only||Review to reinforce memory|
|Hanget Soi||Ensemble only||Get those words in your mouth! Practice Letters D and F in particular|
|My Lord, What A Morning||Ensemble only||Review to reinforce memory|
|You Got Ta Move!||Ensemble and Vocalise||Review using practice tracks and recording. Work on accuracy and articulation|
|I Wish You Christmas||Ensemble and Vocalise||Review to reinforce memory|
|It’s the Most Wonderful Time||All Choirs||Finish memorizing|
Other Recordings to help with your practice:
Hanget Soi Diction in rhythm:
You Got Ta Move Practice Tracks:
My Lord, What A Morning:
You all are singing beautifully, but we need the memorization to back it up! In order for this concert to be fun, musical, and gorgeous, the work needs to happen at home. Please take the time to ensure you are “driving your own car” not “riding anyone’s bumper”! [Parents, your singer can explain to you what that means!]
General Musicianship Notes:
Musicianship is done for the semester! I will return your tests on Wednesday. If you need to make up the test, please watch your email for details.
See you all next Wednesday!