Dear Ensemble singers,
We are making great progress on our Festival music! Please, keep working hard at home so we can continue to make music in rehearsal!
Action Items for Next Week:
- Memorize for next rehearsal:
- Goza mi Calipso (memorized 3/9)
- El Pambiche Lento (memorized 3/9)
- Review for next week (see below for things to review):
- La Gran Ronda
- Pueblito, mi Pueblo
- Complete Musicianship Assignments as outlined on your schedule and below
Rehearsal Notes and Things to Practice:
La Gran Ronda
We read through each individual song, and attempted to sing this all the way through
Things to practice:
- Learn the notes and rhythms for the second half of the piece (starting at Letter E)–be sure you are very secure
- Review, in detail, the first section we added text to this week.
Here are some of the songs from this piece. Take note! The melodies may not be exactly the same as the ones written in your parts!
- Buenos días, Su Señoria
- Al Pon Pon
- Tengo una muñeca
- Palomita ingrata (Skip to 1:00)
- Mambrú se fue a la guerra
- Mi zapato pato
- Levántante Juana
- Tum Tum and Cae Cae
- Arroz con leche
- Antón Antón
El Pambiche Lento
We reviewed the whole piece on Wednesday.
Here is a great recording you can use for your practice (notice how quick it is!)
MEMORIZE for next week!
Pueblito, mi Pueblo
We read through this piece and added Spanish at the same time. Good work!
Please review your part and be secure on it for next week. Altos, pay special attention to the chromatics starting at measure 12.
***Please write in the solfege for all of your “Ah”s. I will check this in rehearsal on Wednesday! (E=Do)***
Here is a recording you can use for your practice.
Here is a recording of the text.
Goza mi Calipso
We sang through this on Wednesday, singing only the two bottom parts in a two-part split.
Things to practice:
- MEMORIZE for 3/9
- Here is a youtube video you can use for practice
General Musicianship Notes:
Please be sure you are going back and making all corrections Gwen asks you to make!
We reviewed key signatures (start memorizing!) and the grand staff.
More sight singing! Still working on 6/8.
For next week: Complete pages 22-24 of Book IV.
We reviewed the types of minor scales and read some two part exercises in minor keys, which we sang in quartets.
For next week: Complete pages 22-24 of Book V.
See you all on Wednesday!