Why does Cantabile Have an Annual Fundraising Gala?
The answer is very simple: tuition income supports 65% of Cantabile’s operating budget and Cantabile raises the other 35% through its Development Committee initiatives: including our Annual Campaign, our Annual Gala, corporate sponsorships and foundation grants. Over 74% of Cantabile’s budget is devoted to direct program delivery-less than 25% of our costs are administrative. We work hard to ensure that your gifts support meaningful learning and performance opportunities not only for singers enrolled in our programs and choirs but also to the larger community so that everyone can share in Cantabile’s magical gift of song.
Your Generous Gifts to Cantabile last year allowed Cantabile Youth Singers to:
- Provide more tuition scholarships through the Signe Boyer Scholarship Fund
- Host our fifth annual Cantabile Festival for Young Voices serving 200 hundred public school children from four middle schools, giving our Cantabile singers and the festival participants the opportunity to sing together and to work with renowned conductor, Dr. Anthony Trecek-King-Artistic Director of the Boston Children’s Chorus.
- Begin offering Vocal Master Classes to our Ensemble and Vocalise students.
- Launch a Young Men’s Division and continue to grow Bravi, our young men’s ensemble and introduce the Vocal Training Group (VTG).
- Commission English Composer Will Todd to write Shine-Cantabile’s world Premiere of Shine was Spring 2015 and these events provided master classes and instruction with Mr. Todd for our singers and new music written especially for them!
- Grow enrollment from 275 to over 300 singers.
- Increase our outreach in the community-we are recognized locally, nationally and internationally. We sang in several prestigious engagements last year: with Symphony Silicon Valley in Lord of the Rings, and the Stanford Symphony Orchestra for Holst, The Planets at Stanford’s Bing Concert Hall.
- In 2016 our singers are invited by audition to the American Choral Director’s Association Western Division conference in Pasadena. This great honor means they will perform for many renown choral directors from all over the country on a prominent national stage. Cantabile will also have four singers in Honor Choirs at the conference.
Your generous donations in support of Cantabile’s work foster music education and performance opportunities for Silicon Valley youth and fill a need no longer met by public and private schools. We are deeply grateful for your donations and support. We hope you will join us this year at Cantabile’s A Night in Buenos Aires honoring Ian Feinberg. The Gala fundraising auction takes place Saturday January 30th at 6PM at the Angelicas, Redwood City. Tickets and more information please visit our website: Cantabile.org or call 650-424-1410.