- Learn “We are a Circle”
- Find the beauty in “I Dreamed of Rain” and refine intonation/accuracy
- Listen to “Past Life Melodies” and follow your part, making sure it’s pencilled in.
- Listen to Esti Dal and familiarize yourself with the melody and counterpoint.
We Are a Circle
- Review roadmap – you’re alway singing the melody
- Make sure your part is accurately marked and learned in the correct order
- Sing rhythmically with crisp diction and a bright tone
- Use glottal attacks and breath accents
- use a bright tone to reflect the vitality in the piece
I Dreamed of Rain
- review all rhythms and syncopation
- tenors, focus on intonation and beauty of like at the half cadence before the final phrase of each verse.
- Moving quarters are the most important line and must be articulated clearly, sung beautifully, and connected with the rest of the ensemble
- sing with warmth and feeling… never “phone it in”
- Always use intensity in the tone–even in soft opening hummed passages
- Remember that this is a prayer AND a lament. This has to be captured perfectly in your “intro”
- balancing the upper voices must be done with resonance and breath support, not by pushing.
Past Life Melodies
- review parts
- remember that some tenor parts should be sung in unison with the altos, in their octave
- work on overtones (especially tenors)
- Learn the notes and sing with a sweet, earnest tone.
- You can listen to the piece here.
- There is no Sunday Rehearsal this week
- We have a location and times for our Music Commissioning event with Joan Szymko – The event will be held at Woodside Priory in Portola Valley on Sunday, March 26th. The event starts at 3:30 PM, but you are called at 2 PM. We will update you if anything changes.
- Location, Date, and Time changes for Cantabile’s Spring Concert with Aria, Bravi, and VTG:
- Dress rehearsal: Friday, May 12th at First United Methodist Church, Palo Alto – 4:30-9PM
- Concert: Saturday, May 13th at First United Methodist Church, Palo Alto – Call time, 10:30 AM, Concert 1 PM