Greetings, Prep 3 Singers!
Thank you for another great week of rehearsals! We have many songs to learn for the Spring Concert, and you are all off to a good start. Continue to review your music, and use the two messages below as resources and reminders for your practicing at home. The first message is a recap is from Laney to her Monday Prep 3 Class. The second is from Katie (me!) to my Tuesday Prep 3 Class.
- Played “Oats and Beans and Barley” and sang it without Laney! Sing and review the game at home, with friends and family!
- Reviewed, and sang in canon,
- Sight-read our mystery song Music Alone Shall Live and reviewed the notes on the staff
- Sang two new songs: “This Shall Be for Music” and “Hi Ho! The Rattlin’ Bog”
- Reviewed two songs from last week: “Sarasponda” and “Kokoleoko”
- Learned a new canon:
This week in Tuesday’s Prep 3 class, we:
- Played the rhythm of our names in polyrhythms!
- Sight-read our mystery song, reviewed the notes, and sang in canon.
- Sang two new songs, which should be reviewed at home: a Liberian folksong called “Kokoleoko”, and the raucous Irish folk song, “Hi Ho! The Rattlin’ Bog”.
- We danced a fast and fun Irish Jig!
- We reviewed two songs from last week: “This Shall Be for Music”, a beautiful song based upon a poem by Robert Louis Stevenson, and the Dutch Spinning Song, “Sarasponda.”
- We ended with a new canon,
For both classes: It was great to see that so many singers are keeping up with their theory books so far! Each week, students should be completing two pages of the book and bringing it to class with them, along with their binder. Periodically, Laney and Katie will collect them for to look them over and be sure the work is being done and done accurately! Please see this schedule to stay on top of your assignments. Keep up! It will be much easier than trying to catch up all at once!
Next week, we will not have class, as it is Ski Week Holiday. Please find time to review all your music, and we look forward to seeing you back on Monday February 22nd and 23rd! Have a lovely break!
Katie and Laney