Dear Ensemble singers,
Thank you for your detailed work this week. Your hard work is most definitely going to pay off as we perform for our community at the Los Altos Hills Gala a week from Saturday.
Reminder: You are singing at the Los Altos Hills Gala ONLY on Jan. 30th! The details are below!
Action Items for Next Week:
- Review music for the LAH Gala–be sure it is accurately memorized
(see below for more detailed notes about each piece):
- Happy Anniversary Los Altos Hills!
- Come and Sing
- Hanget Soi
- Complete Musicianship Assignments as outlined on your schedule and below
In just a few short days, we will be singing at the Los Altos Hills Gala, as you know. What does Los Altos Hills not have that most other towns do?
Please finish memorizing this piece.
Especially spend time on the following:
- A2: Accurate notes at the end of the fanfare (when you are the fourth note). Remember to lift!
- The end of the first fanfare when we all sing in unison
- Finding and remembering your note for the very last “Los, Los Al-tos Hills” (m41 to the end)
- Singing all the notes from m. 38 to m. 40
Very well remembered! Please remember:
- Review the text to be sure it is still in your mouth and brain
- Stay as engaged as you are when you are singing during the prelude, interludes, and postlude (the piano parts!)
Come and Sing
Please review and re-memorize. Everyone should review, whether you have sung it before or not!
Remember the changes we made:
- First time (all the way through) is in Unison
- When we sing “hold our hands together” we take hands
- Second time, with harmony
- Second altos, at the end sing a G# instead of the low E
Please take care to practice the following:
- The second and third verse tunes–be sure you know the correct rhythms
- Altos, do not add extra notes at the end. Please review the last “be as one”
- Sopranos, practice taking charge of the melody without losing the beauty in your tone. Do not oversing, but sing with conviction.
Los Altos Hills has a ban on Commercial properties. This means that you cannot run a business that people visit in the town, you can only live here. You can learn more about Los Altos Hills here and here.
Repertoire or the Los Altos Hills Gala:
Come and Sing
General Musicianship Notes:
Please be sure you are going back and making all corrections Gwen asks you to make!
Sight singing! Use the examples we didn’t cover to practice at home!
For next week: Complete pages 7-9 of Book IV.
Duet singing! Thank you so much to the brave quartet volunteers
For next week: Complete pages 7-9 of Book V.
See you all next Wednesday!
Ensemble Performance: Los Altos Hills 60th Anniversary Gala
Date: January 30, 2016
Location: Los Altos Golf and Country Club (1560 Country Club Dr, Los Altos, CA 94024) [Map]
Drop Off: 6:30pm
Performance Time: 7:15pm
Pick Up: 7:45pm
This performance is a ticketed event and closed to the public.
Dress: Formal Performance Uniform [Boys should be in blue ties!]. Girls need to have hair pulled back, boys should have well groomed hair. No makeup is necessary for this performance.