Dear Ensemble singers,
We continued to work through festival repertoire in rehearsal on Wednesday. I have attached the document I gave you that outlines everything we are singing at the Festival, and when it needs to be memorized. As we discussed this week, keep up the at-home work! You know what it takes, now go forth and memorize!
Action Items for Next Week:
- Solidify memory for:
- Goza mi Calipso (memorized 3/9)
- El Pambiche Lento (memorized 3/9)
- La Gran Ronda (first half–beginning to measure 67)
- Start Memorizing
- La Gran Ronda (second half–measure 68 to end)
- Pueblito, mi Pueblo
- Listen to:
- El Último Café (the score is attached)–We will start this next week!
- Complete Musicianship Assignments as outlined on your schedule and below
Rehearsal Notes and Things to Practice:
Goza mi Calipso
We checked memory this week. Please continue to solidify memory if it is not quite there.
Things to practice:
- Review introduction and Humming (B section)
- Sopranos, make sure you know exactly what you sing at the refrain (A section)
- Here is a youtube video you can use for practice
El Pambiche Lento
We checked memory this week. It was quite good, but the text needs work. Please keep working on this at home if your words are not memorized.
Here is a great recording you can use for your practice
Pueblito, mi Pueblo
We worked on the “Ah” section on solfege. Please solidify this for next week
Please review your part from m.12 to 23 for next week. Altos, pay special attention to the chromatics in this section–they can be tricky!
Here is a recording you can use for your practice.
Here is a recording of the text.
General Musicianship Notes:
Please be sure you are going back and making all corrections Gwen asks you to make!
We sang triads starting on every note and continued working on our sight singing. Be prepared to keep sight singing in smaller and smaller groups.
For next week: Complete pages 25-27 of Book IV.
We sang some exercises with modulations and worked on a difficult canon in g# minor.
For next week: Complete pages 25-27 of Book V.
See you all on Wednesday!