Dear Ensemble singers,
You are working very hard, and I continue to be impressed with the excellent progress we have been making in rehearsal. Keep it up! Only one more rehearsals before we meet with Maestro Escalada!
- Next week is Festival Week! Please be sure these events are on your calendar. They are required!
- Wednesday 3/30: Regular rehearsal
- Thursday 3/31: Clinic with Maestro Escalada 5:45 to 7:30 at FCC.
- Saturday, 4/2: Festival Day!
- Where: First United Methodist Church, Palo Alto
- Uniform: Black Cantabile t-shirt, smart blue jeans, sneakers
- Call Time: 10 AM
- Free Concert: 2 PM
- You will be done between 3:30 and 3:45pm
- Musicianship B: Please bring a sweater or jacket, as we will be outside from 7 to 7:30.
Action Items for Next Week:
As next week is the week of the Festival, this week’s blog is a bit different. Please use the table below to practice and prepare for rehearsal, our clinic with Maestro Escalada, and the Festival day.
|Piece||Who is singing at concert?||What should I practice?|
|La Gran Ronda||Ensemble only||
|El Pambiche Lento||With Intermediate and Vocalise||Review memory|
|Goza Mi Calipso||All Choirs||Review memory|
|Pueblito, Mi Pueblo||All Choirs||Finish memorizing|
General Musicianship Notes:
Please be sure you are going back and making all corrections Gwen asks you to make!
We reviewed two types of minor scales (natural and harmonic) and sight read a minor canon.
For next week: Complete pages 31-33 of Book IV.
We read another modulating exercise and kept working on our challenging canon.
***For next week: please be sure you have a sweater or jacket, because we will likely be outside again***
For next week: Complete pages 31-33 of Book V.
See you all on Wednesday!