Dear Ensemble Singers and Families,
You have worked incredibly hard this week, and we are ready for the concert on Sunday! I hope you are as excited as I am to share this wonderful music with all those who come to hear you sing.
Some reminders from this week:
- Invite people to the concert! We need your help filling that theater so everyone can see your amazing singing. It’s not too late!! To buy tickets, you can follow this link.
- Logistical details about Sunday are below. Please read carefully!
THIS WEEK’S BLOG IS DIFFERENT!!
This is the order of what you sing, including what you do in between each number. Please take time to look it over so you know exactly where you go and when you go there during Sunday’s performance.
Also, as you review this chart, please look at the details and sing through everything at least once before the performance. You can use the recordings here to practice!
|All pieces below will be sung at
Holidays with Cantabile Concert, December 6, 2015
[They will also be sung in this order–with pieces you don’t sing in between]
|Piece||Who is singing at concert?||How do you stand?|
|Give Us Hope||All Choirs||In two rows|
|[Go to seats to watch Prep 3 and Intermediate–Abigail leads off stage]|
|Durme Durme||Ensemble and Intermediate||In two rows behind Intermediate
[Namrata leads on stage]
|I Will Sing With the Spirit||Ensemble only||In three rows|
|Sound the Trumpet||Ensemble only|
|Hanget Soi||Ensemble only|
|My Lord, What A Morning||Ensemble only|
|[Go to seats to watch Bravi]|
|[Start 2nd Half in seats to watch Aria, Vocalise, and Vocalise/Bravi]|
|You Got Ta Move!||Ensemble and Vocalise||Interspersed with Vocalise
[Get on stage as quickly and efficiently as possible, but be safe!]
|I Wish You Christmas||Ensemble and Vocalise|
|It’s the Most Wonderful Time||All Choirs|
See you Sunday! I can’t wait!
Sunday (12/6) Details
Place: California Theater, [Street Address: 345 S 1st St, San Jose, CA 95113]
Drop off at Artists’ Entrance on Market Street–Curbside Drop Off Only
Call Time: 9:00am
Release Time: 10:30am
Pick Up Location: Pick up at Back Lobby (Market Street Entrance)
Dress: Regular Clothes
Please eat breakfast before this rehearsal!
Call Time: 5:15pm
Release Time: After Concert, in Lobby
Dress: FULL UNIFORM [Formal Concert Uniform]
Please eat dinner prior to arrival!
Per the Family Manual, Formal Concert Uniform is:
- Black velvet palazzo pants, hemmed to 1.5 inches from the floor in the shoes that
- the singer will be wearing for the performance.
- Black dress tunic
- Black Character Shoes
- Black long-sleeved dress shirt
- Black twill pants, properly hemmed
- A blue four-in-hand tie
- Black socks and plain black dress shoes
Further Uniform Instructions:
- Your uniform should be clean, wrinkle-free, stain-free, and fit properly.
- Socks and ties are part of your uniform – don’t forget them!
- Socks and tights should be opaque rather than sheer.
- Boys shoes should be matte black (not shiny) with no metal buckles or other decorations.
- Only jewelry issued by Cantabile may be worn for performances. This includes bracelets and watches. Visible body piercings, including earrings, must be removed when the singer is representing Cantabile.
- Hair should be neatly combed. Long hair needs to be securely pulled back from the singer’s face, in a ponytail, bun or braid. All hair accessories should blend into the singer’s hair color.