Dear Ensemble Singers,
This week we started on repertoire for our Spring Concert. Please use the guidelines below for practice and be sure to review specific assignments. I will have a schedule for memory next week!
Action Items for Next Week:
- Loch Lomond: Review your part and be able to differentiate between dotted and even eighth notes.
- Like a Singing Bird: Review your parts through measure 84.
- Quiet Land of Erin: Review your parts through measure 34.
- Eu e Você: Review the whole piece and begin memorizing.
Rehearsal Review and Practice Notes:
- Loch Lomond
- We sang through the whole thing
- We worked on the differences between dotted eighths and even eighths
- Please review carefully–be prepared to sing your melody sections on your own
- Here is a recording for you to use in your practice: http://www.sbmp.com/SR2.php?CatalogNumber=1218
- Like a Singing Bird
- We reviewed both parts of the melody (the main melody and the alto part)
- Please review carefully
- Here is a recording you can use for your practice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1obYtJz3H0
- Quiet Land of Erin
- We learned of Gaelic
- We specifically reviewed measures 14 through 43–Please review these at home on your own
- Here is a recording you can use for your practice: http://www.sbmp.com/SR2.php?CatalogNumber=553
- Eu e Você
- We briefly reviewed this piece.
- Please spend some time on your own reviewing your part and start memorizing.
- This will need to be memorized soon!
- Here is a recording you can use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF6gfSj5Anc
General Musicianship Notes:
Please be sure you are going back and making all corrections Gwen asks you to make!
We reviewed what you need to know for your test on 4/20:
- All Major and Minor key signatures (identify and write)
- Short rhythmic dictation in 6/8
We started a key signature review sheet, which will be just like the exam. It is attached here if you missed rehearsal. Please finish it on your own. I will go through the answers next week: Musicianship A Key Sig Review (6 April 2016)
For next week: Complete pages 37-40 of Book IV.
We reviewed triads, both reading, writing, and identifying. This will be on your exam on 4/20!
For next week: Complete pages 37-40 of Book V.
See you all on Wednesday!