Dear Vocalise Singers,
We only have four more rehearsals until your concert! In the blog this week, you will find a list of the music we will be learning for the your concert and the All-Choir Concert. Please spend your time reviewing all of these pieces and ensuring they are getting ready for performance.
Announcements and Assignments
- Please continue to practice alignment – breath – movement sequences as Elena assigned. These practices should be 10-12 min or longer, and no less than 3 times a week.
- Moment of stillness — eyes closed, turning attention inward, reconnecting with all sensations of the body
- Slow, smooth, deep and even breath — hands on abdomen, feeling the body expand with inhale and condense with exhale
- Align the body by drawing your attention to each part of the body, beginning with feet, finishing with crown of head
- Continue with breath/movement flow exercises as practiced in rehearsal
Observe and remember your sensations and feelings at the end of session. The desirable outcome should bring
- Light, spacious, flexible body — ready for direct experience with self and the world, eager to connect and enjoy, longing to sing
- Mind curious and open, non-judgemental
- Playful, joyous, welcoming spirit
This week we spent a lot of time talking about alignment specifically. Keep it in mind during your days!
Lift Thine Eyes: We spent time singing this in trios. Please practice until you know it well enough to sing on your own. If you need to send a video, please record yourself and do so as soon as possible.
Ain’t No Grave: We reviewed this as well!
Music for Spring Concert
Please be sure you have all of this music learned, and learned well enough to sing on your own. Find new ways to practice and be independent!
El Ultimo Café
Double Shot (Sweet Honey in the Rock)
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Give Us Hope
Red, Red, Rose (you will get the music for this soon)
Come and Sing (SAB)
El Pambiche Lento (re-arranged for SAB)
Lift Thine Eyes
Bonny Wood Green
Ain’t No Grave